Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Schedule

School: Microbiology, Nutrition for Healthcare Professionals and Interpersonal Communications...scared yet?

Tuesdays and Thursdays:
I get up early, usually no later than 5 am. I study, visit DA and other websites for my daily fix of internet, eat, shower, dress (not necessarily in that order). Leave for class by 7:30 am. Sit in class listening to lectures on microorganisms, watching power-point slide shows, taking notes. We get a short break, maybe two. Spend the last 45 minutes frantically trying to do the lab and clean up quickly before class ends.

Walk out of the classroom at 10:50 am and return home to drop off the books and laptop (I take notes during lecture, no access to internet in the class/lab room). Grab a quick lunch, pack dinner, grab my communication text. Ride my scoot through downtown Redmond (one of the many one-way street, traffic lights every 50 feet cities in this area).

Class starts at 1:10 pm. Listen and participate in class until she lets us leave (no break, but we usually get to leave early). Get to work sometime after 4 pm and start no later than 4:30 pm. Work until 9:30 pm and scoot home as quickly as possible without freezing in the dipping temperatures.

Spend a little time "cooling down" so I can get to sleep. Hopefully I get to sleep by 10:30 pm.

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays:
I get up early, usually no later than 5 am. I study, visit DA and other websites for my daily fix of internet, eat, shower, dress (not necessarily in that order). Pack my lunch and dinner. Study some more until 10:15 am, then leave for work. Work until 9:30 pm and scoot home as quickly as possible without freezing in the dipping temperatures.

Spend a little time "cooling down" so I can get to sleep. Hopefully I get to sleep by 10:30 pm.

Saturday I have to get up no later than 7:30 am to do all my morning things including packing a lunch. I leave for class by 8:30 am. I sit in class from 9 am to 1:50 pm learning about nutrition. She gives us short breaks, nothing longer than 15 minutes.

I think I am averaging about 6 hours of sleep per night. Sometimes I skip the studying and take a morning nap before going to work.

Good thing there are only 11 weeks left in the quarter!

Someday I'm going to be a nurse...

No comments: