Thursday, September 20, 2007

Leave Religion Out of the Psychology, Please!

Classes have started and wouldn't you know it...This is the first time I have taken an online course (I am actually taking 2 online classes--statistics and lifespan psychology). In the math class I have many classmates that are arithmophoes. I can deal with this, even though so far the class has had no math to speak of. In the psychology class (which scares me, because too many people have used psychology to do some REALLY evil things--I speak of the 12 step program and others that have you give up one unhealthy addiction for another: religion), we have already had someone scream out their "love for the lord." AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
I immediately wanted to reply with, "Can we please leave religion out of this subject?" But I thought I should probably pass it by the instructor first.
My only-on campus class is Anatomy and Physiology.
The A&P instructor seems very passionate about teaching and is fun to watch, but he was scaring me: "If you work full time and are taking other classes, you better drop them now...you will be expected to do at least 15 hours of studying outside of class and lab..."
I am working full-time-I have to to pay the rent and keep gas in the car and pay for my classes, etc., and I really want to get into the nursing program by next fall at the latest, so I'm ignoring his threats for now.
I am hoping, even though my A&P is 15 and more years old, that this will be mostly review to me and I'll do fine anyway. I have 174 pages to read/study by Monday, I also have several chapters in each of the other texts as well. I LOVE to read (I guess that's a good thing!).

No comments: