Sunday, April 5, 2009

The end of spring break

Spring break is over tomorrow, so it's back to the books, classes, clinicals...I hope this quarter is better than last in terms of how some of my classmates behave themselves (hopefully in a more professional manner).
I just found out yesterday that one of my classmates will not be continuing with us, one of the better, more professionally appearing students. She is going to make an AWESOME nurse someday. I am sad to lose her for another reason, we would get together on Saturdays to study. Now I will probably study by myself, without the benefit of someone to provide a different view.
I have enjoyed my break-it was greatly needed. I have relaxed, focused on other subjects, spent some time with my family, posted some new pictures (http://saoirse-meansfreedom.deviantart.com/), printed out some business cards, basically almost as busy as I am during school hours, just different topics.

I am still fuming over those mystical nursing diagnoses, can't see myself using them at all. especially the disturbed energy field. I even have friends that believe in that sh!t, but they also know that I am not going to pander to their fantasies.

Luckily this next quarter will include some interesting stuff: pharmacology. Learning about how drug molecules cross membranes and interact with receptors to inhibit or stimulate biological actions is fascinating. Off to the books!

No comments: